Welcome to 2014! We’ve been working at designing board games for over 6 years now, and we’ve been writing about how to get published on this site for over 3 years. The goal of this site was to be very transparent and show people how we came to get our board games published. At the time we only had Belfort and Train of Thought being published but now we have six more games coming out this year! While we still have stories and lessons left to tell as we continue to learn new things about getting published, what we’d love to do now is to hear from other designers.
We’re introducing a new segment on our blog called: What’s Your Story?
We’ve already had one guest blogger, Patrick Lysaght, tell us a couple stories about following some of the steps outlined on this site (Pitching at Origins Part 1 and Part 2), and now we’d like to hear from you! Have you used any of the steps outlined in this blog? Have you found success – or even met up with some challenges? Do you have:
- a story about how you pitched your game to a publisher, or
- a story about how you make prototypes, or
- a story about how you play test your games, or
- a story about contract negotiation, or
- a story about how you self-published, or
- a story about how you used Kickstarter, or
- any story about the design process?
Contact me and we’ll work together to get your story told: jay <at> bamboozlebrothers.com