Well, all has been quiet on the Bamboozle front for awhile. Let’s catch up:
- Sen and I got together for 6 days of game designing in August. We came up with three brand new games and tweaked others:
- New game: Aladdin – a trick taking game in which the player with the lamp can make game-changing wishes!
- New game: Unnamed Abstract game – it’s a nice and simple game of placing a random gem onto a board and when you make a row of 3, you take the other 2 gems and leave the one you placed.
- New game: Unnamed Tower Defence game – this is the one I’m most excited about as we found a way to abstract out the fiddly-ness of stats that a computer does automatically. Can’t wait to get more time in with this one.
- Tweaked: SimpliCITY – finally took the feedback we’ve been getting from publishers and made it way less multiplayer solitaire!
- Worked with Toy Vault to finalize the rules and list of words and phrases for But Wait There’s More. We had a very productive 2-hour Skype call with them and we’re now all on the same page. Once things get signed in ink expect a huge and very exciting announcement with this one!
- Found out that our game Akrotiri will be coming out from Z-Man in April, but it will be launching in late February at the Festival des Juex in Cannes. We got to see some art and we’ll be sharing it as soon as we’re allowed. Rest assured that we are very happy with how it’s looking. Very unique style that should help it stand out from the crowd. Sen and I are seeing if a vacation in France around the end of February is possible!
- We got word from a publisher that they are interested in publishing our kid’s game, Pop Goes the Weasel!! This isn’t 100% official yet, but he said to expect a contract when he returns from Essen. We’ll announce which publisher once it’s 100%! It’s cool because it will be our first kid’s game to be published!
- Sen attended a Game Artisans of Canada gathering called Cardstockawa. He got to playtest many games including some of ours: Aladdin, Abstract game, Rock Paper Wizards.
- Coming up in November we are going to attend Hammercon and Protospiel North. This is a fun weekend in Hamilton, ON where designers from all over can get together to playtest each other’s games. Good things always happen when designers get together!!
- Sometime in November – December at the latest – our first expansion is coming out for Belfort! It’s very exciting and has got us thinking about the world of Belfort. We poked the publisher a bit and told him we’re toying around with making a quick dice game set in the world of Belfort. He said he’d be excited to see what we come up with!
Other than that, we’re going to continue to hone our existing designs through numerous play tests while we wait to hear back from Amigo about our game, Lions Share and Repos Productions for our game, What’s That? So a bit quiet on the blog, but busy as ever behind the scenes!