The Train of Thought commercial is now available for all to see!
We wanted to make a video/commercial that could showcase how the gameplay worked, but we didn’t want to overstay our welcome, so we kept it to under 1 minute.
1) First we got approval from the publisher, Tasty Minstrel Games to make the video, which included them signing off the script we wrote.
2) I’m fortunate enough to work in a company that has a videography department, and so I asked both of the videographers – Darren Jones and George Coucopolous – if they could help film it, and they agreed!
3) I recruited a few actor-friends that I know and we shot the video in lat January, 2011. In the video: Xavier Cousin, Floyd Sandiford, Leslie Dancey, Joel Stephenson…and me!
4) Darren Jones then took the footage and started to edit it down and even was our voice over announcer!
5) We wanted a floating thought bubble to appear and found some online, but they cost a lot of money, so we asked our good friend, Errol Elumir, to create one from scratch for us. He did, and after a few requested tweaks we ended up with what’s in the video!
6) Once the video was final (at least the length of the video was final), Sen went to work and created the entire theme song that plays throughout the video. That’s even his voice singing in the background. Sweet!
7) Finally we go through 3-4 rounds of minor tweaks and adjustments and we’re done!
Thanks to everyone who helped make this commercial. It’s really amazing how many talented friends we have! And now without further ado, here’s the video!